• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S SB Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

I was thinking that putting a heatsink on my SB. Would be it be possible to fit the heatsink from the stock cooling fan on an AMD HSF? Or any suggestions on what to use?

-Thanks, Overcrocked

It may be possible but it would be overkill. Just get yourself a nice passive heatsink like the Zhalman gold one and you will be fine for now. If you have no sound crackles or usuall sb heat problems from high (200ish)FSB then don't worry about it.

what did you use to attach the heatsink? after like 2hrs of music i get some distortion...grr...so i was gonna put one of my old heatsinks on it but i dont know what to use. would some thermal tape from frys be good enough for this?

i did the same thing as taco_fox, except w/ super glue on the 4 corners. Its easy as hell if u dont need the stock Abit hsf. Just cut the wires, give them extensions, twist the ends back, electric tape them, and ur set.

i was planning on doing the same as taco fox as well once i get my hydra from cathar ( still in developement) but i may go uber on the sm and raid chip controller with a complete amd heatsink cut to fit because
I CAN

i already did mosfets and im also doing my router just in case:)

well i definitely have to get some better cooling for my chips. I dropped my settings from 200fsb *10 back to stock speed and was able to listen to music the entire night without distortion versus while OCed i can only get maybe 3-4hrs before i have to stop the music for a few minutes while the chip rests.

I guess the thermal epoxy is the way to go, how easy is that stuff to take off in the future?

Back