• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UggHH~! Another voltage worry!! Need advice overclockers!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

Hey all,

Ok I just got my P4 2.4c running and i'm shooting for the magical 3.4ghz..

Setup:

Abit IC7
P4 2.4C
CNPS7000-ALCU
Antec TruePower 550w
FX5900
1gb Corsair XMS PC3500 2.8v (AGP/PCI Fixed)

Basically the problem thats stopping me to my goal of 3.4 is my voltage :/. I dont want to risk my shiny new chip too much so wondered if you guys can gimmie some hints. My IC7 appears to underclock pretty well. Right now 1.625V set in the bios is really 1.58V underload. I verified this with Sandra and MBM. (i'm running bios version 1.6 think i should go for 1.7?). My temps are pretty good as it is 41C idle 50C load.

So think I should stop or give it a little more juice? I really thought anything under 1.7V would be no problem at all, but it seems from reading posts no one is really running this high and most wont go beyond 1.6V.. I'm an AMD guy so i'm used to feeding alot of volts hhehe. Any suggestions??/ am i just being paranoid???

Thanks for any help!

1.7 or under should be ok.. you might as well flash to the new bios too

1.65vcore is fine...safe as far as OCing goes.
you should be fine up to 1.7vcore, yet most new chips don't OC any better past 1.65v.

anyway, PM me...I'll send you the 1.7b1 beta bios.
seems more stable then the final 1.7 bios.

mica

Back