• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with getting better temps with a Koolance setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

My uncle just purchased a Koolance case. He has a idle temp of 105 f on the cpu and a temp of 98 f for the system. He has 2 exhaust fans blowing out and doesn't have any intake fans. What can he do in order to receive better temps?

What kind of components are giving those temps? A bit more info would help.

Yes, that's what I was getting at. What kind of components are being used that are generating those temps.

Well even without you telling us anything else about the computer, it is safe to say that your uncle needs atleast one intake fan. With two exhaust fans the system has no way of actively bringing in cold air. An intake fan would be good and would almost certainly improve temperatures.

What motherboard does your uncle have? What CPU? What kind of koolance case does he have? More details = better answers. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Xp 2800, Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, 512 corsair xms 3500, Antec 480, Some new gigabyte board that glows.

What kind of settings is he running? I assume that he is overclocking given the high-end gamer card with the corsair xms ram... So what FSB and vcore is he running?

What water cooling koolance setup does he have?

Hes got the pc2-601Biege hes only up on his fsb to 175. Hes running on the memory 2-2-2-6 and video at stock.

Back