• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dead fan power connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomchong

my generic 350w psu just crapped out on me luckily i had a spare 300w lyin around so i replaced it with the dead one and all is well. i decided to take the fan and the floppy connector from the old psu to make a extra case fan and when i plug it into either of the two free fan connectors it doesnt work. i decided to see if it would work on the cpu fan connector (occupied, obviously) connector and sure enough it did. could the smaller psu be the culprit or could the problem be elsewhere?

Is the spare 300 generic too? If it is-power might be the culpreit. On my 300 watt antec psu, I was pushing 3.75 and something like 4.80 on my 3 and 5 lines. So maybe it isn't getting enough power.

ya the 300w is a generic as well. my voltages are 3.34 on 3.3v 5.00 on 5v, 11.73 on 12v, -11.95 on -12 and -5.05 on -5v. i dont really know what to make of those, do they look alright?

Back