• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fluxbox menu transperency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxPower

I emerged fluxbox 0.9.6 pre1. And i can not get the menu transperency to work. I went to the fluxbox website and followed the directions in their faq. It said that i may need to emerge eterm because i would need estroot to use menu tansperency. I emerged eterm but now i get an error message and estroot won't load the wallpaper. But i uninstall eterm and the wallpaper loads fine. But of course no menu transperency with xv.

Anyway whenever i restart fluxbox , i get an error in xmessage window. I basically says something went wrong when setting the wallpaper. And to run Estroot -scale <path to wallpaper> in a xterm to find out what went wrong. I do that and i get a vague error message saying unable to load the wallpaper. And no other error messages. So i was wondering if anyone else is running 0.9.6 pre1 and if you are could you get menu transperency to work.

I used esetroot for my wallpapers, but I couldn't get a transperant eterm either. However I did get transperant aterms.

aterm -tr -sh 50 -fg white

but i can't get esetroot to load my background. whenever i try to do in the init file, i get an error message. And when i try it from an xterm like the error message suggests. all it says is unable to load image file.

esetroot

I think I just did:

esetroot -f /path/to/file.jpg

I did that in all of the fluxbox themes.

Last edited:
the eterm error i'm getting is no loader available for that file format. What am i missing??

transparent stuff..

eterm
Code:
Eterm --geometry 125x35+8+48 -F fkp -O --tint=yellow --shade 55 --borderless --scrollbar-popup --scrollbar-floating --scrollbar no --double-buffer -a "toggles buttonbar false"

konsole
Code:
kstart --skiptaskbar --skippager --type Override "konsole --nomenubar --notoolbar --noframe --schema Transparent Konsole"

resize these with ALT+right click
move it around with ALT + left click

thanks for the transperency answer. But i still can't find an answer to fixing the error about no loader available when i try to use Esetroot to load a background.

Back