• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many fps for CS with a 8500LE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
with 1.5 anything over a geforce 2 should get rock solid 100fps.

with the new 1.6 its anyones guess. the textures/models/maps have all been cleaned up and require more vpu power then the previous version.

I dont think its possible to get over 100 fps in cs. Or at least the counter stops at 99 and there is no way to know if you have more. My bro had 8500 le and he got 99 all the time on 1024x768 so I dont doubt you would, too.

MrMarbles said:
I dont think its possible to get over 100 fps in cs. Or at least the counter stops at 99 and there is no way to know if you have more. My bro had 8500 le and he got 99 all the time on 1024x768 so I dont doubt you would, too.

if you know the counter stops at 99 and you have the counter pegged wouldn't it be safe to say you have 100FPS or more?

yeah CS isn't very demanding so an 8500 should do fine.

Hey this is so weird guys but i went and changed the resolution to the 640 one and it went at 100fps constant with my geforce4 lol. Oh well, i dont like playing at such low resolutions. Thanks for teh replies guys.

my 8500 le le in the current state its in on a 56k gets 100 constant with old skins and about 60-70 in fights with the realism skins.

you should max out the fps. the hl engine doesnt generate any more frames than a monitor can output. if your refresh rate is 100 then your max fps is 100, etc etc

Back