• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone having trouble downloading this windows update?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SinsFeelNatural

I have downloaded this and "successfully" installed this patch about 5 times now and shows up everytime I check for updates and it is driving me up the wall!

Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (KB822603)
Download size: 341 KB, < 1 minute
This update addresses the "Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 822603. Download now to install the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

lol I can't seem to get it to download... about 5 of them wont work... (I have updated Norton Virus definitioins too).

I just went to the windows site and updated there (you have to use IE) and it worked fine.

Last edited:
i have this problem. I have downloaded more than 10 times and MS still wants me to download it AGAIN

it is crazy...........

Try deleting the following Registry Key (after having installed the update)...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Updates | Windows XP | SP2 | KB822603

...reboot, and reinstall the KB822603 USB update. :)

Last edited:
redduc900 said:
Try deleting the following Registry Key (after having installed the update)...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Updates | Windows XP | SP2 | KB822603

...reboot, and reinstall the KB822603 USB update. :)

your solution doesn't work in my computer :( :mad:

I still have the same problem

I just downloaded this update along with several others no more than 10 minutes ago, they all worked. except they didnt help my problem :mad:

pik4chu said:
I just downloaded this update along with several others no more than 10 minutes ago, they all worked. except they didnt help my problem :mad:

what kind of problem are you having ??? the same as I do ???

Slightly off topic, but I was having trouble with MS update yesterday, I was gettin 300bytes a sec download speed. :eek:

Dont know if these virusus are still floating around that are slowing MS servers down??

Back