• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7n 266-vm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesdait

Registered
I was just wondering if the ASUS A7N 266-VM motherboard will support DDR PC2700 RAM. In the support manual it said that it supports upto PC2100 but in this other magazine i think they had PC2700 RAM on this motherboard i was just wondering if anyone has tried using it on this board. Oh and what is the biggest CPU it can support i think its a Athlon 2000 but im not sure, please help.

Hey James - The A7N266-VM can use PC2700 but only at PC2100 timings as in stock form there are no OCing options. If you make the Jen jumper mod you can flash the A7N266C BIOS which will allow for FSB settings which will enable you to run at 166+ FSBs. All other mods ie: voltages and multipliers must be performed on the CPU itself. As far as I know the latest BIOS updates allow for using the faster T-Breds but Bartons are a no-go. If you want to get more info on the Jen mod and talk to more A7N266-VM owners you should check out the forums at www.nforcershq.com Just do a search for "A7N266-VM" and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need. Any questions, just give me a yell, I'm known as Szandor over there. My A7N266-VM is making the transition from micro LAN rig to HTPC. Good Luck with yours!
Regards, Balrog/Szandor

Back