• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I create a shutdown Icon for win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain U

I want to set my computer to shutdown at a certain time and I know that it's possible to create a shutdown shortcut so I figured that if I make a shortcut then set it as a task then it should shutdown the computer am I mistaken?

Check out the following JSI FAQ article regarding the PsShutdown tool...

PsShutdown command-line freeware works on both the local and remote computers
"Windows NT/2K does not come with a built-in command-line shutdown command. However, both the Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 Resource Kits come with shutdown, a program that you can use to shutdown local and remote computers. PsShutdown is a clone of the Resource Kit shutdown tool, providing you the same options and ability to shutdown, and optionally reboot, local and remote Windows NT/2K systems.

I don't remember if the shutdown.exe utility was part of the Resource Kit included on the W2K CD...if it wasn't included, you could probably find it at MS's Free Tool Downloads site here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/default.asp :)

Last edited:
Back