• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bridge It demo (build/destroy bridges!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zim2411

A Bridge It demo has just been released!

Bridge It is the seqeul to the Pontifex series.

It features incredible graphics, and fun gameplay where you build bridges and meet the demand of the mission

bridgeit2b.jpg

Links

Nvidia FTP
Avault page
For yee filemirror folks File name is setupbridgeit.exe (only nvidia's FTP is showing up at the moment)

BTW, this game has the highest system requirements i've ever seen...
Min. Requirements:
1GHz CPU, 384MB RAM, GeForce 4 or better, Win98/Me/2K/XP, DirectX 9

SUCK.....i have a GF3......rarr. how dare nvidia try and tell me that it's time to upgrade.....I'll show them who's boss!

....eh, i planned on a 9800 pro anyway, heh. ANyhow, got a link to the older versions of that game? It looks like fun, but I don't seem to have the hardware.....

DaveSauce said:
SUCK.....i have a GF3......rarr. how dare nvidia try and tell me that it's time to upgrade.....I'll show them who's boss!

....eh, i planned on a 9800 pro anyway, heh. ANyhow, got a link to the older versions of that game? It looks like fun, but I don't seem to have the hardware.....

Eh.. I'm running a AIW 9000 pro now and i'm tryin it... (Soon to be a 9600 pro)

Avault page for Pontifex 2
Heres a site decidcated to the series

edit: You HAVE to have a geforce 4 TI or FX card! :mad: :mad: :mad:

bridgeit.jpg

:mad: :mad:

Last edited:
rofl

hm i ran this on my gf4 and it didn't really look like it needed anything more than a tnt2.....

i wonder if that trick we used to play the dawn demo on an ATI card would work on this demo?

anyway, this looks like it would be fun to kill a little time with. i'll have to talk to my cousin to check it out though (FX5200Ultra).

omg, you HAVE to have an nvidia card for this? That is pathetic, I can't believe they pulled this crap. I guess I could DOWNGRADE to my 4200 to play this, or not. Bad move nVidia :mad:

don't get too excited... it's not that wonderful of a game. The gfx didn't look near that good for me (maybe that's cuz i don't have dx9 hardware, i dunno) and it wasn't very hard to beat the demo.

LOL the first version of this game is what my old highschool has the less then smart people spend time doing while the other people learn Auto CAD

Well I played it on a friends computer, it was fun for about 20 minutes or so. Anybody know if the full game will only run on nvidia cards? If so, I hope that it isn't a sign of things to come :mad:

Maybe it just runs faster on ati hardware. Just like how dawn runs faster (supposedly) on ati hardware then nvidias.

no, this isn't a sign of things to come. this is nVidia bullying around indy game makers because they're getting beat in the video card game....

They may not be "losing" yet (they certainly are losing ground, but they aren't losing the battle), but they sure aren't facing competition very gracefully. It's funny, considering how they were to 3DFX as ATI is to nVidia.....not to say that nVidia will fold any time soon (or ever), but I think you know what I mean.

or it could be just that nVidia bought the liscense for the name and had their own guys code it out....that's always a possibility.

hahaha.. i just spent 5 hrs playing this demo with my friend.
whats the lowest cost u can get?
we got this
bridge 1: 2127
bridge 2: 5736
bridge 3: 8236
bridge 4: 10751
bridge 5: 5813

:D
beat that!

max

Jeez people, its not like you paid for the game.

My guess is Nvidia optimized this game for their cards so it wouldn't be worth testing out on an ATI card anyway.

Doesn't ATI have any cool demos? I guess not :D

Hmm... it worked on my GF3 so its not limited to just GF4 or better. It is lame ATI users can't try it out.

yea us lame ati users cant try that out but ill take actually being able to play half life 2 with all the nice pretty effects at a playable framerate instead :rolleyes: unlike some other brand of cards...

Back