• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The useful freeware programs thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to add a few to your list, infrarecorder is the nicest free windows burner I've found. It's pretty light weight and does just about everything that nero does.

www.infrarecorder.org

Don't forget the Chrome browser. it's not the best, but it's from google and works well. Might want to add it to your list.

www.google.com/chrome

hi'

dunno, if mentionned alreday, bu for cleaning :

Malware'sbytes anti-malware
probably the best in it's cayegory, but not yet for 64b system ...

i686

Hotswap

Free program called HOTSWAP.

HotSwap Site

This is a must if you are using an eSATA drive and you can not remove the drive before turning it off. This is like a USB "Safely Remove" for eSATA.

I would like to suggest a great program called TreeSize.

Link

It's a small program that shows you how much HDD space is occupied by every folder on your computer. I think its fantastic. When I reinstalled Vista on my laptop after reformatting I couldn't figure out why so much disk space was being used. This program helped me discover that I had a duplicate of my MP3 folder, which was taking up an additional 15GB of space. Who knows, maybe you'll discover some garbage on your computer that you can delete?

Last edited:
I would like to suggest a great program called TreeSize.

Link

It's a small program that shows you how much HDD space is occupied by every folder on your computer. I think its fantastic. When I reinstalled Vista on my laptop after reformatting I couldn't figure out why so much disk space was being used. This program helped me discover that I had a duplicate of my MP3 folder, which was taking up an additional 15GB of space. Who knows, maybe you'll discover some garbage on your computer that you can delete?
I'm scared to click on something that just says link, it could be a spaghetti monster or something like that.:eek:

I'm scared to click on something that just says link, it could be a spaghetti monster or something like that.:eek:

Open a new tab, come back to the link, copy the link location, and paste it in, if the link looks oay, go for it. I can put anything in the link text I want, thus the basis for rickrolling.

Nope, no spaghetti monsters. Although it would be pretty funny to have an official looking URL that linked you to a spaghetti monster :)

Anyway, I just found this great free-ware thing online and you can use anything you can find on it because it's all community produced. It's WikiCommons LINKYHERE.

Ask and you shall receive.

not sure if this has been posted yet, but I didn't see it in the main post.

Notepad++ - awesome notepad utility that can format any programming language. quite lightweight and extremely powerful! A must have for programmers

i've used both in the past, and always had the impression that winrar is quicker, or is it just in my head?

Back