• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GameSpy on the new RADEON and HL2 Seems the rumors were correct afterall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As stated earlier, both the Radeon 9800 XT (scheduled to be on shelves October 1st) and the Radeon 9600 (which should follow a few weeks later) will ship with full versions of Half-Life 2. It was unclear how this would be accomplished. I asked if we'd get a retail box, CDs in sleeves, or a redeemable voucher. The answer I received was "Um, yes." It seems as if HL2 has been delayed until around mid-November, so the best bet is a voucher.

So chances are you will get a voucher so when the game is released you will have to mail it in and probably wait until next year before you receive the game in the mail. Even then from what I have seen it will only be the single player game and not include multiplayer.

Alucard said:
um, i think it will just come with the cd, like most combos do...

How could it? HL2 is not out until Christmas. Valve has added a choice, so when it does come out, you can download it off the net, but need a serial and steam account to play. Maybe there is a cd key in the box you use once you download it?

Half Life 2 will be shipping IN THE BOX (This has now officially changed to COUPON IN THE BOX - 10/01/03 - Kyle) with the 9800XT AND the 9600XT. This is the full retail version, no demo, no shareware, this is the retail version of the game. This is big news folks, especially on the 9600XT. At $199 that is a very appealing offer for many.

Not sure where the info came from but if Kyle at HardOCP is reporting that its coming with just a coupon Im gonna believe there isnt gonna be any Half Life 2 cd with either card.

looks like there are alot of questions to still be answered lets just wait and see what come out of this who mess one thing i do know is that i am not buying a card anytime soon

Back