• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 drives PHL admin NUTs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DaveSauce said:
wow...that guy just said the same things i've been thinking ever since hl2 was delayed saying it wouldn't make the holiday release.

valve is a bunch of liars. First, you just don't do that. As evidenced by this article and the sentiments reflected in this thread, this is the perfect way to alienate your fans.

Second, what talent? If they had talent working on the game, it wouldn't take 5 years to make. If they had talent, they wouldn't steal a mod and then start charging people for it. If they had talent, they wouldn't have a bug-filled 'steaming' pile of crap they call a program. And if they had talent, they wouldn't steal user-made mods and charge people for them and force them to play on their crappy software.

quite simply, valve f-ed up. No two ways about it. And they just keep digging themselves a grave.

I don't intend to buy half-life 2. Honestly, I never did, but that's a different issue. I wouldn't miss it if they just abandoned the project and went into hiding. Quite frankly, I would be happy to hear that news.

Valve has no talent and has buggy software? Since when? I don't know about you, but from what I've seen of the Source engine (wink-wink, nudge-nudge), it's very stable and the gameplay looks awesome (wink-wink, nudge-nudge). I'm just mightily ****ed they talked about it so much before it was ready to be released and then denied it was going to be delayed when they knew it was. I'd rather they didn't talk it up so far in advance. Like I said before, they're going to have to pay for an ad campaign now, instead of banking on anticipation, because everyone's gotten fed up with their marketing screw-ups. They should have just kept their mouths shut instead of trying to make up an excuse.

I agree with the guy who owned PHL and most of the people who posted in this thread. By the time HL2 comes out, it probably won't even be that cool compared to other games.:mad:

one of the greatest attraction about hl2 was

1. storyline
2. graphics
3. physics

i guess we already have farcry with awesome (if you ask me farcry is new benchmark for graphics) and physics i havent played much of the game so i am not sure about the storyline .. rumors are that game is again going to be delayed so i guess it is going to become duke nukem forever? who knows only time will tell :rolleyes:

Alacritan said:
Valve has no talent and has buggy software? Since when? I don't know about you, but from what I've seen of the Source engine (wink-wink, nudge-nudge), it's very stable and the gameplay looks awesome (wink-wink, nudge-nudge). I'm just mightily ****ed they talked about it so much before it was ready to be released and then denied it was going to be delayed when they knew it was. I'd rather they didn't talk it up so far in advance. Like I said before, they're going to have to pay for an ad campaign now, instead of banking on anticipation, because everyone's gotten fed up with their marketing screw-ups. They should have just kept their mouths shut instead of trying to make up an excuse.

People know we have a strict no warez policy. Why bother even aluding to the fact that you've played an illegal copy of the game compiled from stolen source? :confused: :rolleyes:

Oni said:

People know we have a strict no warez policy. Why bother even aluding to the fact that you've played an illegal copy of the game compiled from stolen source? :confused: :rolleyes:

Because they are complete idiots?

Well since the massive delays I just sunk my money in on a Doom 3 preorder. I honestly don't think HL2 will be out this year. Lucky if by Q2 2005.

I really think there is only one thing that can hurt HL2 now, the hype, its got alot to live up to.

It is obviouse that alot of time and money are going into this game.

The wrost case scenario:
HL2 gets its 15minutes of fame just like every other FPS that you fan boys buy up and worship like its the first 3d game you have ever played.

lets see we had halo, COD, UT, Farcry, painkiller.

what is this the weekly game club?

at the LEAST HL2 will take that 15 minutes of fame and double it, I am expecting it to set a new "bar of excelence" for game makers to try and live up to.

nuff said

Far Cry has become the HL2 of this year, Doom ]I[ and HL2 are going to try hard to beat FC from becoming n#1 shoot-em up :)

Back