• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on my sata drive !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikies305

i just bought my 120gb wd sata and its doesnt want to work when i overclock for some reason i havent used the drivers it gave me on the floppy but it worked fine without it when i wasnt overclocking plz help me, need to know though cause if its going to be retarded and not let me overclock, then im going to return it to newegg

Last edited:
what mobo do you have? and SATA. or all HDD/controllers dont like hid pci bus speeds. which is probably why it wont overclock

i would check to see whether your AGP/PCI bus speeds are locked; SATA doesn't like overclocked PCI bus speeds. I'm pretty sure that pik4chu meant to lock your pci speeds, but i couldn't distinguish exactly what he was implying. Sorry pik4chu... Anyways, if your bios allows you to lock your PCI/AGP speeds, lock your PIC to its default speed, 66mhz, and your AGP to its default speed, 33mhz.

i have an ic7 mobo and i think its already at 66/33 but i dont knwo for sure so when i get home ill check thz for the help.

oh if its not that then what should i return it?

Back