• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOT IT STABLE!!! WOOHOO!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

FINALLY got this 1gig stable at 1.4gigs. I did all KINDS of memory tweaks in the BIOS with everything maxed out on CPU and on memory settings. Finally I figured that the enhance chip setting gave probs to me before so I disabled it. I left the fast CPU decode on tho but disabled the enhance chip setting. I always use CounterStrike to test my system stability since it uses such a good amount of memory and stresses 3d much more then 3dmark does. This time I was playing it and usually I get around 3-4 rounds in and my system will freeze, then I hard boot. Welp, when I disabled that setting, I started up CS and viola! My system runs smoothly and stably through 3 map changes. GOOD LORD! I cannot believe that that one little setting designed to speed up the CPU was causing my memory freezing problem in higher then 135fsb's. Just thought I would brag and tell you all of this one little setting and see if this helps anyone else in OC'ing thier system too. Now I am greedy, I'm going for higher. WISH ME LUCK!!

cs uses very little ram. 64mb ram is enough for cs

if u need a ram intensive game try mech 4. u need 196mb+256mb for it

I don't know where you get that from but mine eats memory like a hog. I have all kinds of tweaks on this biznatch that makes for larger cachings.

Welp, looks like I can only get it to 10x142. This is kinda dissapointing to me but actually, when I think about it, it's a HUGE accomplishment on just a 1gig tbird. That's what, a 42% increase in speed from rated figures? Man, I never thought a chip would get that good of returns. My chip is an AXIA without the Y stepping. I have a 9 on mine for the first number in the 3rd line. Time for me to post this baby on the CPU database here I guess. Just wish I could get higher on 1.85vcore. It posts but freezes in WinME and I get registry failures after reboot. But hey, I'm running a $120 CPU at $220 speeds. I am fine with that until the Palomino comes out. WOOHOO!

I had trouble with the enhanced chip feature until I upped the bios to YH. This was especially pronounced with WW.

Hoot

Then it seems that this feature got it's problems back in the ZT BIOS. I upgraded to the ZT when it came out. Maybe I should go back to the YH?

Back