• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice on picking out parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

first off, im new to water cooling. it seems pretty simple, but does anyone have a litlte tutuorial or anything? thanks
ive bene looking around in here, seeing what other people have been getting. i dont really have a budget, if i really want something i work more to get it :D but also, i dont see the piont in spending $300+ just to cool my pc

this is what i was thinking:

white water WB/DD maze4 (which one is better?)
swiftech mcw50 GPU wb
cant decide if i need NB wb
black ice pro radiator/ try to find one at autozone
eheim 1048/ mag3
i have a few extra fans lying around
T fitting/reservoir (still cant decide)
10 foot clearflex60 tubing w/ 1/8" wall
10 hose clamps
arctic silver 2
12 oz racing coolant

thanks guys, i appreciate your help =D

pick
Waterblock : White water
Radiator: heatercore from dangerden/dtek or get one yoruself and mod it <-- requires soldering
pump : mag3

what are pros and cons to T and reservoir? thanks again

First off modding a heater core does not require soldering, you can use jb weld.

Second, a t-line is more compact, and some people would argue that you can get lower temps on it

A res is easire to fill and bleed, and a t is smaller and is more easily transported, run a search to get more info, and pick which is better for you.

and try to get some 172mm Cormair rotrons for fans, they rock!

reservoir are easier to fill and bleed but hurts flow... and are expensive

t lines are cheap.. doesnt hurt the flow but can be a pain to fill an entire system through a tube =p

i can see how a res could be easier to setup, with it being easier to fill and bleed. i am not planning on moving my pc at all, so a res would be more suitable for me, but t lines are better for performance...soooooooooooooooooo i cant decide =[

True. A res won't hurt flow when its at least level with the rest of the system. Put everything in the same area, (W/B, heatercore, pump, and res) and flow will become dynamic, because the water bieng pumped through the system will rise a little and fall a little.
if the system has to be above the pump, you will need a bigger pump to circumvent the head loss gained by raising the water above level.

yes it will its the same generic dragon series case with more or less teh same internals.. which is what most ppl here use for WCing

is there a certain layout most people use? like where they put everything

thanks again

Back