• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for my first loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zanar

Hi guys,

I've decided to delve into the world of water cooling, and I feel like it is time to ask for some assistance.

I've been reading a crazy amount of information and I can't decide on what to get and was hoping for some advice.

My specs are:
CPU - Intel 2500k
GPU - GTX 770
MB - Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
PSU - 750W (I forgot the exact model)
Case - CoolerMaster Silencio 550 (mid tower)

My goal is to run silent, cooling both CPU and GPU in the loop, since my computer is next to my bed and also just for general quality of life improvement. No crazy OC, but I'll take what I can get while still running silent.

So far I've settled on the pump, Eheim 1048, but i have no clue on which or how many radiators to get, and I just get more confused the more I read and due to the amount of choices. Although i kinda like the Coolgate 120 mm radiators.
As for fans, I've been looking around and the information I find just seems to be outdated, I found Scythe kame flow II as one of the better alternatives to GT AP-15 (which I am not a fan of based of user comments of whiny noise at max rpm), but it is no longer in production.
As for reservoir, I'm going for a T-line.
For CPU and GPU water blocks I'm not really sure. The EK blocks are good?
And if possible i would like to keep it inside the case.

Budget wise I am not looking for high end stuff, but I do have money to spend for quality product that will last.

I appreciate any advice you can give, and any other tips you might have for creating my loop.

-Chris

Welcome to OCFs.

If you're looking for compete silence, you won't get with that case you're using now and a 120.1 rad. You'll need roughly 120.4 at very low fan speeds to get the ultimate quietness on full load and getting good delta-temps.

Are you from the states or overseas? Helps us figure out what you have at your disposal.

Yea, I did have my suspicions about the case, so i have been looking for a replacement. My eye has fallen on the H440, and going for the full 120.6 rads it can contain. It does have some remarks of low air flow, but my current case isn't the best in that deparment either so I'm thinking it'll be ok.
I have been digging around and i think i figured out how the rad calculations work, and i found some that i liked - Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 360mm Radiator, which by my calculations should be more than enough when going with 2x 120.3.
For fans i settled on the noiseblocker blacksilent pro pl-2 with plans of undervolting them for more quietness.

And I am residing in Europe.

That's more than enough for a nice silent cool system.

Yeah, just make sure those ST30s have enough room with a 25mm fan on top and the front.

Back