• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This forum needs a sticky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyberwiz01

The Extreme Cooling section really needs a sticky or two that answer all the common newb questions about extreme cooling. Because I think there are quite a few people who might be interested but have no idea what to search for. It could really help newbs like myself. What do you guys think?

Agreed. We should have a guide on insulation, how to power peltiers, and how to make a chiller at least. But don't expect me to write them! ;)

Exactly how has previous stickies been composed? Is it done by the moderator only, or one person decides to type one and get the moderator's approval? Would it be possible to create a txt file that anyone could just add too and a final editor would do some final cosmetical rearrangment? Any efficient ideas or suggestions?

I think the first step would be to PM one of the mods, i'm sure they could help. In the case of other stickies, i belive they were written by someone and then a mod can turn the thread into a sticky.

I vote for the sticky to contain:

DO NOT USE PROPANE AS A REPLACEMENT FOR ANY REFRIGERANT. IT IS DANGEROUS AND WILL POTENTIALLY BLOW UP.

I'd like a sticky :D
I'm a newb and would like to get into some extreme cooling
Just watercooled now but thinking about going TEC or waterchiller...

that last post alone is very helpfull, repost it so we can vote sticky it! and if you can give us more links on phasechange that would be awesome as well

Back