• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stats page to be going bye bye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The VTech

Captain Bawls
Well it would seem our glorious host for that wonderful stats page is moving in December. So unless things change between now and then we will be looking at the Stanford stats or others.

Thanks Jason for all your work on the stats page.
It will be missed.

Umm, they are just going to be down while he moves, here is a quote from THIS thread.

"I figured I would break the bad news now, but I'm going to be moving some time in December and that means the folding stats server will be down until I move and get broadband again. Unfortunatly it requires a pretty hefty server to do all the stats processing so renting a regular server someplace is pretty much out of the question."

well how much bandwidth are we talking about? and serverpower?

I am sure there are some people here that would be more then happy to help.

well he just recently quit verizon in order to start anew. at least that what he told us. so who knows, but it could be soon

Well I hope he gets the stats going quickly after the move. Setting up broadband can take a couple weeks depending on the area. Is there anyway we could help with a distributed server setup? Has that ever been done? Can it be done?

Originally posted by Tismedt
Well I hope he gets the stats going quickly after the move. Setting up broadband can take a couple weeks depending on the area. Is there anyway we could help with a distributed server setup? Has that ever been done? Can it be done?

Originally posted by Maxvla
distributed computing for distributed computing stats..

i like it :D

*nods w/big smile in agreement*

That's a hell of an idea if I ever heard one!

Also, I have a buddy that I talk to online who has two redundant, tier 1 oc-48s...You can be sure that I'll be talking with him about possibly hosting...even if it's just temp. hosting...for us as soon as I can!

*crosses fingers*

I can't live with out stats!!

Can some one ask him or direct him to me? I have 3meg throughput at least through april next year. I also have servers. Just need to know what he needs.

Some of the numbers on that site are a little whacked:
Conquests for Cowboy Shane:
Code:
(Name)        (pos Dif) (Score Dif)    (Daily Gain)
Crakkerjax     +66         420            4,549

I am not producing nearly that many ponits a day, and I see that Crakkerjax gets alternating positive and negative production numbers.

Still a decent site to keep up with the competition.

Back