• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200FSB or 266FSB ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Lansing

I'm planning to get some a 256mb tonicom ram (pc166)and wondering which cpu i should buy
either Tbird 1.2Ghz 200fsb or 1.2Ghz 266fsb
which one will run faster??

solution A, tonicom ram + 1.2Ghz 200fsb
solution B, tonicom ram + 1.2Ghz 266fsb
pls help me out!!

doesn't really matter, the but the 266 gives more flexibility with overclocking as it has the lower default multi which is good with overclocking(some boards don't like running the chip under its default). But other than that, the fact that you can change the fsb and the multi at will on an amd let you go with either route!

I just got some of the Tomicom PC-166 RAM last week (2 x 256). I haven't tried overclocking Via Bus yet, but I run my Athlon 1.133 (266) at 1.33 just by overclocking by multiplier 10x133.

I plan to **** with that, probably this weekend sometime. I will let you all know how it goes for me.

Shawn

well my 200mhz 1gigger is doing fine at 1.54. I prefer the lower bus speed so that I can O/C it right away with just my FSB jumper on my M/B. The flexability with this chip is enormous!! Well this is my 2cents, hope it helps.

PS...edit
The new BIOS that MSI has for this M/B will allow it to go to 5-13x. I am unsure what M/B you have, but it is worth a look!!

Back