• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reassurance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trinity

This is the current system I am builiding, but I have a few questions.
1.33 T-bird(AYHJA )
Epox 8K7A
Crucial 2100 ddr ram
Diamond Mx300 sound card
Leadtek Winfast Geforce 2 GTS
3com nic
M. GLACIATOR

I want to o'c this baby. I am going to college so I need it stable. If the temps are ok and I don't get lock up's is my cpu safe from burning up?

Should I get the raid version of the epox or just the regular 8k7a?

Thanks guys you have always been a help to me.

No need for Raid with that you dont have more then 1 hard drive so don't worry rite now unless in the future ur gona have more then one hard drive.It sounds good to me you'r setup what I would do is get some artic silver2 also and a bunch of case fans, before you overclock that cpu check you'r temps at the correct speed setting. If the temps are like 43c on you'r 1.33 at idle I would suggest geting a better HSF then go overclocking to like 1.6+ Ghz :) if your stepping is AYHJA - Y stepping the thing will rock AYHJA - 9 i dont know to much about but I heard from tons of ppl the Y stepping is better. GL on you'r overclocking post if you need anything else.

ReTiCuLeX G)Ds

Trinity (Jul 08, 2001 10:54 p.m.):
This is the current system I am builiding, but I have a few questions.
1.33 T-bird(AYHJA )
Epox 8K7A
Crucial 2100 ddr ram
Diamond Mx300 sound card
Leadtek Winfast Geforce 2 GTS
3com nic
M. GLACIATOR

I want to o'c this baby. I am going to college so I need it stable. If the temps are ok and I don't get lock up's is my cpu safe from burning up?

Should I get the raid version of the epox or just the regular 8k7a?

Thanks guys you have always been a help to me.

Keep the temps down and you shouldn't have any problems at all. If you plan on running Windows 2000 or XP anytime soon I would get rid of that MX300 since the driver situation is still a bit off the wall with that one, unless you already have ran it with 2000 fine (since this has happened before). :)

Everything else looks good, slap some Artic Silver on there though. As far as RAID goes, it's up to you, if you have the bucks for another hard drive why not it will certainly rip along nicely. Heck, even if you don't right now, buy it anyway, it can't cost that much more.

Shawn

your cpu should be fine from lockups and such. RAID is probably nothing you cant live without so i wouldnt worry about it, save the money youd spend on raid towards college, ive been able to live without it.

ps just as advice if your going to college dont o/c the cpu too much since 1.3 is more than enough for anything today. The reason for this is if something happens on your hd due to some unforseen mishap and your files dissapear, this would be a real bummer, just saying this since my dad recently lost his university files from something like this(non o/ced system)

Wow that was quick, you guys are the best! Yea I was going to put articsilver II on that baby. I am still deciding what case to get, I will probably get a custom built case with fans in it, I just don't want to spend too much money. I might use the onboard sound and put the mx300 somewhere else.

Back