• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CRAP!!! TELL ME ITS NOT DEAD...NOT AGAIN!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

does a small chip on the metallic corner of cpu die mean my cpu is fried? when i took it off there were tiny metallic chards laying there staring at me.
just wanna know before i try to put it back together.
thanx

lolol
ok well ive gotta try it cause i just sacrificed a 600 athlon about 3 days ago :)

yes, you got lucky, the gods must be looking in favor to you.

Well if they are like me, I'm taking the HSF off on a regular basis. Always trying to fing the best air cooling method. After several times of repeating this, my Duron looks like sh*#. But this puppy keeps going even with all the chips to the die. I do recall that if you want to really toast the cpu, don't put the orbs on designed for the celly. I did that once awhile back when I was new to this game. But once I started in these forums its a cardinal rule now not to attempt it. Now I have settled with taisol, I don't think I'll be removing anytime soon.
Duron 600@950 1.80v
taisol 37c idle, 41c load
512mg micron
ibm 60 gig gxp
ati 64mg ddr(waiting for replacement)

I heard that if if those metalic shards are from the cache part of the die, you can "sprinkle" them on top of a DURON, you can make a T-BIRD out of it.
I don't know.

well the reason i have to take it off is cause i was in the process of attatching my waterblock in a couple different configurations when i heard the crunch. so i just threw the old hsf on to see if the cpu was busted.
turns out the chip is ok so im back to te waterblock deal to night.

thanx for the help bros! :)

Back