• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFS: Underground demo released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProBoner

That's right, you can download Need for speed: underground and see how it runs on your system... make sure to go into the options before anything else and turn on motion blur and crank some details if your machine can handle it. The game looks quite purdy!!!

For me it looked really damn good running back at practically stock speeds (AMD 2500+ and Radeon 9000pro)!

The amount of reflections are pretty wild, but I turned them down a bit because although they added some "wow" factor, they did nothing for realism...
oh, and that 1 whole song they threw in there will drive you nuts after the first 3 times you hear it :rolleyes: :D

Much like The Fast and The Furious, this game accurately represents what street racing is really like (as long as you live in a galaxy far far away and you go to the races while trippin' on acid ;))

:D
http://www.gamershell.com/download_4024.shtml

Demo

i was kind of mad that they dont let or even show you the customized parts for the cars in the game thats why i would buy it. But oh well il just wait and see.

Yeah, they trick out the car for you... and since the stock specs for the 350z look pretty low in the game, its good that they at least do that (I just wish some of the skirts and paint jobs were a little more tasteful :rolleyes: ... at least there's one blue package that makes it look pretty nice!)

The game plays on stereotypes too much, its like playing a game based on the fast and the furious... I can't help but laugh everytime the ****ty-looking chicks come out to flag the races :D

The game is fairly good... The graphics are sorta purdy... try boosting while in 'hang-time.' You get really strange results if you have motion blur on.

Also, the reflections are a little... lacking. At best.

Can't hold a candle to that 1 ATi tech demo. (Yes. I am lame enough to actually download them)
NFSvsATI.jpg

ATi on the left, NFSU on the right. (damn the NFS car is ugly!) (Sorry image is so wide)

1 song, a few cars, 2 tracks in the demo.

CAN ANYONE WIN THE DRAG RACE!?!? I've only even finished the race once, and that was by shifting into 6th gear at the start. I ended up going ridiculously slow, and not crashing! Go me! Then again, i was 11 seconds behind the first person.

when does this game come out? I am impressed and thinking about getting it.

edit
it comes out the 20th of November.

Last edited:
I thought the exagerated motion blur when you spray (what appears to be a 500-shot of) nitrous... errr... I mean NAWZ looked really sweet! Really a nice looking effect!

This game is pretty good. It keeps sending me back to windows but I can just Alt-Tab back into it. Its a lot of fun though. I have come 2nd in the drag race. You need to get ahead quick. Bumping over the train is fun too.

One lame demo

I only played one race tonight because I thought it blows... much like Hot Pursuit 2 (which was a huge letdown IMO).

The reason being -- correct me if I'm wrong but the physics seemed well, non-existant. I like an arcade racer anyday but you gotta have at least some illusion of car physics in this day and age.

So my impression is, two big thumbs down. Come on EA, use that programming talent to put some realism into the NFS games.

all right, me and my buddies stayed up half the night trying to better our scores on the drag strip, very fun and very cool. It is all about hitting your gears and using the nitro right. We got down to a 25.01 so far, anyone check out the cool blue in the wheels of the one custom car. this is a neat game alot of fun from a demo.

Re: One lame demo

grunjee said:
I only played one race tonight because I thought it blows... much like Hot Pursuit 2 (which was a huge letdown IMO).

The reason being -- correct me if I'm wrong but the physics seemed well, non-existant. I like an arcade racer anyday but you gotta have at least some illusion of car physics in this day and age.

So my impression is, two big thumbs down. Come on EA, use that programming talent to put some realism into the NFS games.

Try going into the options, click on "car", then turn off stability control. That should help the physics a little. One other thing you need to consider is, if you have never driven a car with fully tuned suspension then you should realize that the physics are completely different from stock... not only is the center of gravity much lower, there's a much smaller tire sidewall, and much less suspension travel.

This 350z modded handles almost like this little mx3 I drove before with 18's, suspension work, stabalizer bars (and 2.5L 200hp v6 :D)... no body roll whatsoever, the only thing that made it slip was the fact that the tires could have been better

I liked it so much I'm keeping the demo on my computer. The graphics are pretty good and I like the slow camera effect when you crash. I had fun just going the wrong way and smashing into things. If you go backwards the demo never ends. From a 1 to 10 with 10 being the best I rate the demo a 8.

Back