• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4C SL6Z3 M0 stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
M0-cpuz-cpu-3600.bmp

:eek: Oh wow! 300FSB! What a nice chip! Congrats! :thup:

What do most SL6Z3s get then? I see climbski also has one running above 300fsb...

did you two need to do anything drastic to your northbridge cooling or chipset voltage to get the 875P running at that speed?

Does PAT still work at such insane FSB speeds?

climbski: what sort of air cooling are you using? SP94?

batboy: Are you running the HyperX PC3000s at 240Mhz or 200Mhz?

YEE HAAAAA !!! You made 300 !!! :eek:

Super duper job Batboy .... CONGRAT'S :clap: :clap: :clap:

(we all knew you COULD do it ;) )

It's not completely stable at 300 FSB yet. Still playing with settings.

I'm running the Kingston HyperX PC3000 at the 3:2 mem ratio.

This is with my water cooled Swiftech Q-Power case.

Northbridge cooling:

IC7+northbridge+cooler.jpg

time to also tape some fans to the inside of your case to blow on your caps, located just above and to the left of your cpu....
almost no need to add bga ram sinks to your mosfits, yet that can't hurt eather.

you always could use the retail fan from your new intel 2.4c...
just tape it to your case, pointed at your mobo.
the extra cooling on the uper part of your mobo, should help with stabilization.
(remember what I did when I had my RDRAM system?)

I hope this helps

mica

Nice work. For some reason I keep thinking you had a 2.4c before at roughly the same speed except it was on air cooling. A little bit before you had the 2.8. So hard to keep track on these boards when everyone here has such great oc.

see you made it... 300FSB!!

update on mine: im closing a deal on a used prommy 1.. we'll make these SLQZ3's scream...

climbski said:
looks good now use clockgen to increase your AGP/PCI to 72/38 and you should be good for 310FSB+
What's your reasoning for that? Maybe I can learn a new trick here...

The AGP/PCI lock on the 875 and 865 starts to get faulty above 301FSB...using clockgen to raise it seems to solve the problem ... personal experience and I know three other people it has worked for. Also even below 300 you get a few more points on 3DM01 running it as high as possible.

BTW my cooling is a SP-94 and Tornado. And the PAT appears to still work. I havn't even gotten around to replacing the thermal paste on the northbridge yet...being lazy I guess:)

Raising the PCI/AGP didn't help me at all. Mica's suggestion about the additional fan didn't improve stability either. I can benchmark at 297 FSB, but if I try to do anything intensive at 300 FSB, it locks up. Once I get above 1.7v, it seems to make it worse. Not sure what else to try now.

Nice OC bro! Give us a sandra mem shot on your 3:2 @ 297fsb.

*Sniff sniff* How perty :D Thats great OC man nice work. Hmmm my chip comes in on Monday and after a quick reinstall I can start playing with the OC.

batboy said:
Raising the PCI/AGP didn't help me at all. Mica's suggestion about the additional fan didn't improve stability either. I can benchmark at 297 FSB, but if I try to do anything intensive at 300 FSB, it locks up. Once I get above 1.7v, it seems to make it worse. Not sure what else to try now.

My thought would be give er something like 1.75 to 1.8V..but just for a couple quick benchies...looks like your probably running into that CPU's limit with the cooling you have..dropping the CPU temp about 20C would get you over 300 also.... perhaps the old icechest resevoir trick for benching..it's fun but not particularly usefull for 24/7.:)

Just an SP-94/Tornado....I havn't even boken out the airconditioner yet...got lucky with this CPU for once:)

Back