• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless PCI NIC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I need a recommendation for a good wireless PCI card.

Someone needs to hook onto his friend's wireless router(his friend lives in the house behind him).

As I know nothing about networking I come here.

Please recommend one of quality and dependability.

I use D-link and have been quite pleased. IN fact this computer connects to my home network through it (the wife nixed the idea of a hardwire form the router upstairs to the basement). It uses the D-link DWL -540. I've also heard that linksys makes good hardware also.
If it were I, I'd get hardware to match the wireless router Iwas hooking up to, although any wireless card should get the signal. Oh, and you want to make sure it matchs in pedigree, i.e.; 801.b/g/etc. Good luck!

close as in 80ft..

its the house right behind him, and the two computers are each by the wall closest to the other house..

OK, so I'll tell him to buy a D-Link or Lynsys Wireless NIC card, that is the same pedigree as his, correct?

You have to find out if it's 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g. B and G both run on a 2.4ghz signal. So they are supposed to be compatible with each other. 802.11a is not compatible with the others.

thank you, I will tell him what to get, and/or ask him what his friend has.

Back