• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i trade up to 2.6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heeroyuy

Right now i have a 2.4C SL6WF/R, i can't remember...think it is F.

I have this opportunity to give up my 2.4 which i have OC up to stable 3.0 stable(cuz i didn't have much time to play with it on my P4P800) and get a 2.6C(2.4 has been discontinued, and the person needs 2 2.4C in his dual mobo). If i were to change the FSB to 250 again, i'd get 3.25 GHz, not sure if it's as easy to OC than my 2.4C. Also i'm on air right now and do not plan to use watercooling nor will i be allowed to get a better fan for the cpu. So i will be stuck with stock P4 fan.

So...what should i do? give up the 2.4? or keep it?

u would get a higher overclock on a p4 2.6ghz as on the p4 2.4ghz the memory or motherboard chipset fails before the chip :)

dont flame at me intel boys if i got that wrong

first of all the 2.6 will probably do 3.25 on air no problem.

2ndly why does he need 2 2.4c's for a dually? 2.4c's don't work in SMP intel boards. thats what Xeons are for.

i dunno then
he just want another 2.4C

so almost all 2.6C will get up to 3.25G without problem?
I don't want to give up a chip that can OC while get one that can't...

trade it and make sure he doesnt cry because he cant run dullie on two 2.4c and try to trade back.

Though 2.4c are discontinued you still can buy them? Where do you live?

no...it's discontinued over here in Canada.
I'm considering...but i dunno...i like how my 2.4C doesn't need any voltage boost just to get to 3.0ghz...
if i were to run the 2.6C @ 3.25 on stock heatsink, wouldn't it get a bit hot?

well it would be easier for a 2.6c to reach 3.0 then a 2.4c to 3.0c.
So running at 3.25 would be a little hotter if you didnt have to increase the vcore to reach that speed. Just check your temps when you are at load

i didnt know 2.4c has been discontinued,even though it's still selling good. u will get a better oc with a 2.6c. temp should not be a problem with stock heatsink

dont be too optimistic with the 2.6c. I for one have gone through 2 2.6cs... either was stable at 3.25 @ 1.675 V...
right now i m running 3.2 @ 1.625V and seems stable.

Back