• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How would u raid 2 hardrives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

after doing a little reading on the board, I understand what raids are (0, 0+1, 5, 1) and that kindda stuff, i know how it works, but i haven't found anything that teach people to set it up. I know that I would need atleast 2 identical drive to run Raid 0, and i probably have to buy a raid card, but what kind of card do i have to buy? and is it going to boot and format just like a regular single IDE drive? i'm just so used to single IDE drive that i'm afraid of changing :(. thanks for your help, and sorry if this is such a newb question.

What motherboard do you have? If it has a raid controller onboard, then all you'd need is to make a driver floppy. Boot, get into bios and enable the raid controller, reboot, hit whatever control key is required to get into the raid controller bios, set up the raid 0 (use whatever comes up as default for the stripe size), exit out of that bios, load winxp, hit f6, load the driver floppy, and all should be good.

do a search in the forum for extra info or write back.

Back