• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 9500np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liver

Good and bad news.

I received my red board Sapphire 9500 from Allstar the other day. Soft mods easily to a 9700np, no artifacts, great speed.

I have a projector on my VGA out and flat panel on my DVI. I use the VGA out to watch movies.

Apparently (verified with other posts) that the soft mod does not allow DVD playback.

Such is life.

Liver

CamH said:
The hard mod permanently enables the mod and makes it into a real 9700.

If the soft mod doesn't work at turning it into a 9700, is it possible the hard mod would do so? Like, is the hard mod more effective at getting good results?

Liver, i think your problem relies with your card's overlay setup, coz' I have exact same card and I play my DVD on both the S-video out and monitor just fine (tho you will need to do some "things" for disabling macrovision on some DVD drives) ...

just set your overlay setting to theater mode and it should be displayed on full screen on the TV. Mine does :D

I had a sapphire 9500np softmodded, voltmodded and whatnot and never once had issues playing DVD's out of my SVIDEO or RCA OUT jacks.

Maybe a different (newer) hacked driver?

Albuquerque said:
I had a sapphire 9500np softmodded, voltmodded and whatnot and never once had issues playing DVD's out of my SVIDEO or RCA OUT jacks.

Maybe a different (newer) hacked driver?
Same here. I would guess that it's probably an overlay problem. The only time DVD playback works (unless you tweak some settings ;) ) is if you're playing back on the primary display. Since it sounds like your LCD is your primary display on the DVI, then the VGA wouldn't get play back the movie even if you had it open in that display.

Like I said, there are ways around it, but it depends on what software you're using :)
JigPu

Back