• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 E help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tosh

Hello, hopefully some of you might be able to help me out:
CPU Intel 2.6C HT
MOBO Abit IS7-E
RAM Kingston PC3200 DDR 256x2 Dual channel enabled.
HDD WD120Gig SATA 8MB
Vid GeForce3Ti200 128DDR, putting in AIW9600Pro tomorow.

In the BIOS SoftMenu setup I set as following:
CPU Operating Speed: USER DEFINED
Ext Clock: 240 and up...
N/B Strap CPU as: PSB800
DRAM Ratio: 5:4
AGP Ratio: FIXED 66/33MHz

I can get XP to boot but it freezes up after about 10 seconds.
I tried setting the DRAM Ratio to 3:2 as well and it wouldnt even boot. I got these settings from reading some threads with advice on similar setups.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

SoftMenu Setup setting looking good... What ab out the voltages? increased vcore and vdimm?

Don't forget to disable the last two settings under advanced chipset settings.
I've encountered problems when using SPD setting, also under Advanced chipset. Just change it to manual. "Increase" them if you can. Lower = better here.

Can you be more specific which advanced options I should look at?

Also all my voltage settings are untouched.
Help!

1. Increase vcore. (reaching 240FSB with a 2.6C with stock voltage is pretty good, but you'll need to increase it to go further) Do NOT increase it to more than 1.65 for continous operation.

2. Increase vdimm to 2.8v. No need to keep it down, 2.8 is within most manufacturers margins.

3. Under Advanced chipset settings:
- Chose manual timings and use these to begin with:
2-3-3-6 (I always forget in which order they are, but the first on should be 2)
- The last five options are most likely all set to Auto, change them to this:
Auto
Auto
Auto
Disable
Disable

3. Set FSB to 230 and DRAM Ratio to 5:4. Go into windows.
Use this program:
http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php
Increase FSB with steps of 5MHz each time and run a couple of test of Prime between them to find out where the CPU starts to cripple out. Back of some MHz and let Prime run for a couple of hour.

Try finding a FSB which you can run Prime for 24 hours, I would call it stable after that.

/crotale

Please, be more specific.
What do you mean with default?
Have you tried all the settings I've listed?

Got it running well!

Thanks so much for the help... I'm just trying to find the proper speed for best performance. I'm using PC Mark (madOnion) and am getting 3475 @ 3004MHz.

Back