• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200LL Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheezboy

I have had this stick of Corsair 512MB PC3200LL for awhile now. I haven't been able to run it at 200mhz due to the nforce2 and PC3200LL problem of not booting. So today I finally decided to update the bios and see if they fixed the problem. I set the timing at 5-2-2-2.0 and it booted no problem so I thought ok great they fixed it now I can get the most out of it. I ran Sandra and noticed 1957/1878 and was suprised how low it was because thats about a PC2100 level. So I ran memtest86 and got 851 mb/s and now I was extremely shocked. I don't know if it me just being retarted and I missed something in the bios or if it is something bad with the hardware. I am on a 8RDA+ rev 1.1 and any other hardware is listed in my sig. If anyone could help me solve this mystery I would be forever grateful. Thanks for your help.

Cheezboy,
First thing dont be afraid to take you ram up to a max of 2.8v;)
Second thing, see my sig, and then read and consider these two linksAn Anomomaly In the memory Matrix
And a little older series of post on the same thing Amd Higher Tras

And according to what you mb allows, try diff slots, I just noticed that you have only one stick of ram, so now my question to you is going to be when you run memtest on the ram and does it pass?

thanks for the reply

memtest86 passed and I tried both DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 and about the same results. I tried pumping up the FSB and i can't even get passed 145 now I was able to get to 160 with my PC2100, but I never tried overclocking with the PC3200 because of that problem now I try and it sucks. I don't know whats up. Setting to it to 11-2-2-2.0 did nothing for me either.

hmm no clue what happened but i think it fixed itself I am at 190 FSB now very stable without volt mod. Thanks for the help.

Back