• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new SCSI -My Performance -Do I need Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Well, I setup my LSI Logic U160 host adaptor into a PCI slot. Plugged in the IBM hard drive. And spun em up!

I did a little rearraging in my case, and was able to get some nice CFM on my new HD. Also have nice exhaust going too. I will have pics and all once I do a review on my case, which is after I get my dremel, and of course the cathodes, and rheobus.

I ran Sisoft. I'm on Win98. And running off of another HD.

I DO NOT HAVE DRIVERS INSTALLED.

My score was a little under 6,000. Mind you my Maxtor 40gb 5400rpm get over 17,000.

I didn't look at it too hard, but I think that I had things like random read: 350mb/s or so, and my writing was horrible at around 5mb/s.

Now, my access times is what put a smile on my face. It says my Maxtor is around 12ms. And my U160 HD is 4ms. :D

Do you guys think that the drivers make that big of a difference in the performance? And do you think that Sisoft is lying about my access times? the HD is a IBM 9gb 7200rpm, supposed to have 8.5ms I thought.

too lazy, I like playing Deus Ex 2 also.

I don't have them either...I hope they're easy to find..

I installed the drivers...and did it a little differently than it said to... ;-)

Sisoft scores go shooting through the roof to 21,000 points or so.

My access times went upto 7ms though.. :( but that's still better than the 8.5 it is supposed to be at.

Back