• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wasted all my christmas money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

Just ordered a new HDD to run raid 0, monster chieftech case, about 100 fans, and some neeto lighting. I'll have pics up as soon as it all gets here. I am finally gonna have a window, i'm excited. hopefully having some decent airflow in this big old case will help me squeeze out a few mhz.

Any suggestions on wiring? I want this bad boy to look pretty

i have the sk800. i ordered a ducting kit to try to get even lower temps. sleeving is a possibility, i may just take the lazy way out and wrap everything in black tape, since that will go with my theme and i'm out of christmas money...lol.

Hide all the wires and the slack you can behind the MoBo bracket.Take the panel off the other side of the case and run all your wires back thru there and out again to hide them.I also run my cd-Rom audio wire under my mobo between the screws and come out buy the PCI slots so youcan just plug it right in to the audio card.You can run all the case plugs like power,HDlight,On light,Speaker and so forth between the mobo and the bracket to hide most of those also.Use lots of zip ties and lots of sleeving.I also went to RadShack and got me some little clips that have a 3M adhesive on them so you can stick them anywere and just push your wire thru it so they stay nice and tight against the case or whatever.
Its hard to explain how to do this so just use your head and keep it clean and take your time to do it right.
Shark

Sidekick™ said:
Wire sleeving... Uv wire sleeving maybe? What kind of heatsink are you using for your cpu?

I would recommend you say away from the UV reactive sleeving
from SVC.com. It doesn't glow very well and looks a dull
sick green. :(

Well...if you think you would be happy with black tape...go for it. Otherwise, check out the sleeving section at stores like SVC, FrozenCPU, and Xoxide.

Back