• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried new Barton 3000 xp 400 fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saints 26

I got a new processor about a month ago and when I went install windows on a new hard drive it wouldn't load all the files. So after 3 days and numerous re installs and trouble shooting I come to find out My l4 was fried looks like someone burnt it with a match. I oc it once it was locked who knows that might have done it. Man it took me 3 days of countless re formats and hair pulling. So now Im back to my oc 2700 xp. Come tax time its a 64 bit 3200 and a gigabite nfoce 3 !

Really nothing like fring a peace of good hardware. Sry to here the bad new's but we pay for what we play with. I'am about $500 in the hole due to lost harware (fried, Modded, Opp's). But I would rather have lost it to computer parts then some other wasted time hobby (activity).

Specification
Model: AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Core: Barton
Operating Frequency: 2.1GHz
FSB: 400MHz
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/512K
Voltage: 1.65V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket A

Straight from the egg!

Yes most of us realize that 400mhz fsb will = a fsb in bios of 200 but the cpu run's @ the mhz that the ram is running @ in most cases DDR400 running default would mean you would be running a fsb of 400 thru the cpu and 200fsb thru the board.

Thanks jonspd I was going to explain the same thing but not as detailed!:D

Yeah it sucks but I learned a valuable lesson just buy cheaper and OVER CLOCK THE HECK OUTTA IT! Seriously It was the chance I took and you're right jonspd it's better than wasting it away on drinks and or any other bad habits! Liike I said once tax time comes I'll switch to the a64 3200 and lighty oc it. THANKS FOR THE WELCOME GUYS!:D

Back