• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Quiet Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prok

Hey anyone out there know of a really *quiet* keyboard? I started using a logitech keyboard that started out quiet but has gotten gradually louder over the last week... Anyone know of one that starts out quiet and stays quiet? Thanks

what about one of those "roll up" keyboards? those are totaly silent.

yeah, this is a dell quietkey, it is the quietest i've ever used, and my girlfreind got it for me (along with a logitech mouse) for $3 at a yard sale, so its used. really quiet, i personally dont like it, its my temp till i get my usual keybaord back together...

(i broke 2 keys off it when i dropped my software spindle on it, the day i was opening my mushkin pc3500, so i havnt fixed it yet)

Vulcan said:
what about one of those "roll up" keyboards? those are totaly silent.
They are however very squishy and slow your typing speed down considerable.
I'm currently working on a keyless silent keyboard. Should prove to be a fun project.

Prok said:
Hey anyone out there know of a really *quiet* keyboard? I started using a logitech keyboard that started out quiet but has gotten gradually louder over the last week... Anyone know of one that starts out quiet and stays quiet? Thanks

Yeh for some reason all logitech keyboards are like that I suppose they use poor quality membranes and springs. Dell Keyboards are really quiet. If you really quiet keyboards try to look for really old IBM keyboard. They are so old they don't even have a windows keys. Those are the best keyboards IMHO ever made. I have one and it's the best I have ever used, nice feel and really quiet.

k3nshin said:
what about those keyboards that dont exist and use lazers and sensors? that would be quiet

There are actually some "keyboards" that use "lazers" (really red LEDs in most cases) and sensors. It' snot really a keyboard though, it acutally just a wristband...

Anyways as far as I know they arn't widly availible and if they are I would expect them to expensive and they (obviously) 'type' differntly too. In the end for somthing that is totaly silent somthing like the rollup ones or the keyboard that Captin Slug is planning is what you want.

Well that really depends. If the absolutely number one priority is silence, then check out oune of those roll up keyboards that someone earlier posted about. They are pretty neat and absolutely are the quitest keyboard I have ever seen, but like someone else said, they are not a good solution if you are doing a ton of typing and stuff just because of the way they are made they aren't real conducive to that sort of thing.

No, I've used the roll-up keyboards before and like most have said, they aren't as easy to use. I don't care about any of the extra keys some keyboards have, just a standard 104 key will do for me. Thanks

This black Dell USB keyboard was only $5 and
has remained nice and quiet for over two years.
Plus it has two USB connectors on the back which is
perfect for my mouse.

Every Logitech product I've owned has expired
not long after the warranty expired.
How do they always time is so perfectly?! :mad:

If you think laptop keyboards are quite (I they they are pretty quite and neat too...) and don't mind it being a little smaller :-/ you could check out this. My friend has it, it is basicly just a laptop keyboard in a casing and usb, if you have a small keyboard tray it can make the differnce btwn fitting your mouse on it or not too.

I have a EluminX keyboard and so far its really quiet, but expensive. The keys are kind of like laptop keys but ermmm.....NICER:)

Back