• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

865 vs 875 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WildMonkey

I'm going to buy a mobo and seems that the canterwoods are more expensive than the avereage northwoods.

I don't know which route to take, supposedly reading thru the forum canterwoods should be best, but I've read many more success stories with northwoods. For example the AI7 beats the IC7 in most of the reviews I've read, and so on.

Any light on this cituation? Thx.

The major difference between the 865 and 875 board is the latter has a memory accelerator feature designed to eliminate the performance hit you take when using ECC memory. It has only a miniscule effect on performance when running regular memory in comparison to a 865 board.

I chose an 875 board (Abit IC7-G) because I liked the feature set and (I confess) because the color of the PCB worked best with the mods I planned to do. If it was an 865 or 875 didn't matter. That's how important the difference between the two was for me.

BHD

Back