• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OS emulators and hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

Hi, i have gotten my hands on a //FAST multimedia video I/O editing card. its quite expensive (but i didnt pay for it) and it will NOT run in XP. Many people dual boot XP/ME to get this card to work, but taht would be quite useless to me since my machine is dual CPU and video editing is hell without SMP. My question is, if i wer to run Virtual PC or another OS emulator, could i use this card? I need XPs power to run ulead and the 2 CPUs, but an earlier version of windows to simply input/output with this card. can anyone shed some light on me here?

Well the virtual PC would slow you down because in its hardware config of VPC it shows as a generic intel graphic card which is useless! however why don't you use Win2k Pro it's pretty good and will run Ulead which I don't think it's that impressive check this
http://www.discreet.com/products/

Back