• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR400 and Asus P4P800 Delux, need HELP with basic stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I am semi nembee. I can build machines all day long and OC till the cows come home. But when it comes to ram and setting things up. I know just enough to get myself in trouble.

Heres what I got

Hynix Ram
Chips have

HYNIX 334AA as the first line
HY5DU56822BT-D43 on the second line.

I am running an ASUS P4P 800 DELUX Board

Current ram setttings are as follows

Bare with me this took some time to hand right down from the bios

DRAM CAS LAT 2.5
DRAM RAS PRECHARGE 4 CLOCKS
DRAM RAS# TO CAS# DELAY 4 CLOCKS
DRAM PRECHARGE DELAY 8 CLOCKS
DRAM BURST LENGHT 4 CLOCKS
DRAM IDLE TIME is set to auto
DRAM Refresh rate is set to auto

My other problem is that it is not giving me the option to set it to 400mhz, it is just giving me 266 or 333. I am totally baffeled by this.

I dont see any place to change the voltage either. I hear people saying to crank up the voltage on the ram but I dont see where to do that.

Help please. Anybody.

All the specs for my machine are in my sig. Ignore the Ram specs below becuase they are now 1 gig of DDR400 Hynix in dual channel mode.

Odd that it isn't giving you a 400 mhz option, but my guess is it won't because of the 1.8a processor you have running. When you set the ai overclock tuner to manual the settings for fsb, memory ratio, agp voltage, vcore, and vdimm all open up. Take a look again and report back if those settings still aren't coming up.

I just found the voltage setting and I set it to 2.55 but I still dont get the 400mhz option. I just upgraded the bios to the 1014 and still dont get the option. I went through and tweaked the settings. Basicly I took each ram setting and moved it one nothch. Dropped everything down one spot. Dram down to 2.0 from 2.5 all the 4s I took down to 3 I dropped the 8 down to 7. I left the idle time at auto and the refresh rate at auto.

That is what I expected to see. That is probably as fast as you can run the frequency, but you can increase the timings to get a little more speed. Try 2-2-2-5. Change burst length to 8 also. Increase the voltage to 2.75 or 2.85 for stability. After making these changes, run memtest through at least 2 loops to check for errors.

http://www.memtest86.com/#download0
- Download the version that says "Pre-Compile 3.0 installable from windows.
- To install, insert a formatted floppy and run the installer. It will make a bootable floppy that will run automatically.

If memtest passes, go back into the bios and turn on Memory Acceleration Mode. Then run memtest again.

If memtest passes again, go back into the bios and enable Turbo mode. Then run memtest again.

If you pass memtest with all these settings, you will have some decent memory bandwidth and speed. You will really see your system shine once you get a 800 MHz fsb pentium.

I am going to watch Contact now, so I will check back in about 2 hours.

Well I set the timing up like that and on re-boot Asus Post Reporter started screaming System Failed due to CPU Overclock. System Failed Due to CPU Overclock so I went back to my previous settings. Oh well. It was worth a shot. I really need to get rid of this Northwood and buy a real CPU for this board.

Edit because I cant type tonight. Way to many pain killers.

Last edited:
lol. Gotta love that post reporter. Those Hynix modules aren't known for tight timings, but they are known for massive overclocks. Once you get a new CPU you can really test those babies out.

Yep it is a stock 100 that I have running 133-140 most of the time. I guess I have the ram as fast as it will go for now. It really kinda sucks though.

That is pretty stong for a 1.8a. Nice job. I was never able to get my 1.8a above 133 fsb. You should be happy with that setup until you get a C class processor.

This thing will run at 3.02ghz on air cooling with 1.7v but I did not want to strain the CPU so I keep it in the 2.4-2.8ghz range at 2.55-2.60v range.

I have a few other threads going about the Hynix ram, from what I have been reading the BT-D43 stuff that I have is really decent ram.

Well I wanted to post in here to thank the people that got me thinking hard about upgrading CPU's I did it today.

I am the proud owner of a 2.8C 800mhz Bus P4

It just sits so nice in my P4P800 Delux board. Ya for me.

Now I am off to the CPU section to read about how much this thing should OC.

Back