• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlailBoy

I just put together my new rig last night. (Epox 8KRA2, Barton 2500-unlocked-512mb pc 3500 mushkin level2 blk. Can't wait...).
Tonight I'm gonna' dump on all the software.

Monitor is a Viewsonic G90FB. Rig in sig has same monitor and I didn't use the monitor disk-just used the drivers from my vid card. Same thing with my "spare parts" rig. Vid card for the new rig is a Gainward GS ti4800.

I wasn't really planning on using the monitor disk this time, either. My questions:

1. Is there any reason to?

2. Anyone using one of the G90's use the monitor software?

All those monitor drivers (I assume that's what you're talking about) do is limit the available refreshrates and resolutions in the display properties. You really don't need them. It's fine to leave it as a "plug and play monitor" but it really doesn't take any time to go get drivers from Viewsonic and load them up. I'm really suprised windows didn't know what type of monitor it is by itself.

Here's all of viewsonics drivers
http://viewsonic.com/support/drivers.htm

All those monitor drivers (I assume that's what you're talking about) do is limit the available refreshrates and resolutions in the display properties. You really don't need them.

Thanks and thanks for the link. Kind of what I figured. Already went out to Viewsonic when I built my sig rig. My vid card software did it for me; so I never bothered to use Viewsonic's driver.

Oh, and it's a new install of WIN98se-much older than the monitor.

All that money for a new PC and you didn't spend the dough for an upgrade to XP?

I shouldn't talk... i still run 2000 and Linux.

Back