• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get a higher 3Dmark2001SE score please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Might be good enough, but I'd say you should be getting at least 1500 more or so. You have the worst driver, directx, and windows version combination. Using nForce 2.03 instead of 3.13 got me about 500 points more by itself. Catalyst 3.10 is the slowest driver version I've ever tested. 3.5 is about 400 points better. Nextly, you're gonna want Windows 2000 and directx8.1 instead of XP and 9.0. That should give you about 400 points more as well. Set your AGP aperture size to 64mb if you haven't already and enable CPU Interface. Those are just tweaks, and by themselves can give you a huge amount of points. But, if possible, increase your memory voltage and use CAS2 instead of 2.5.

Guatam pretty much summed up all the good tweaks, but if you want to be really hardcore you need to reformat and reinstall Windows 2000 , load chipset drivers, load directx8.1, and lastly load catalyst 3.5. Make sure everything is disabled in your bios like COM ports, Serial Ports, Firewire, and LAN. Also make sure you don't have any PCI cards installed. Change everything to performance in the ATI control panel and shut off all services except explorer. Then take your computer to an airconditioned room that is about 50 degrees and funnel the AC to your video card. Now overclock that baby like mad and see if you can make it through 3dmark without your system exploding. Good luck.

AGP aperture size is set to 128meg ill change that in a min

one off my mates have got a little h/d and said i can borrow it by monday :) so i can benchmark with win2000 and the rest off it.

AC isnt very popular in england :p also i have heard drivers 3.2 are the best for benchmarking is this true?

hes also let me have a few 92mm fans :)

Last edited:
I also have an nf7-s mobo and chipset drivers matter that much? yikes! can anyone confirm this? so I shouldnt use the ones of the floppy and the latest ones arent the best? If I use the wrong ones my kt400 would own that nf7-s

The nForce 3.13's have issues with the onboard LAN drivers(weird, I know) that cripple memory bandwidth. I ran 3.13's with the ethernet drivers from 2.45 and it still was 400 points worse. If I used the 3.13 ethernet drivers, there's a good chance I would've done worse. 2.03 is a lot better than both, though.

Btw, OC550, I think that you should be able to cross 16k easily with an NF7 properly tweaked.

ive installed the Nvidia Drivers 2.03 with Windows XP will try out the different OS and drivers on the other h/d once i get it

ill give 3dmark2001SE a run in a min its crunching seti ten mins faster now i dont know if its just me tho

Last edited:
so the 2.03 are the best nf7 chipset drivers, eh? ill ask for a link to those now and save the link once I setup my nf7-s and 16k isnt enough, im hoping for 17k cause I could get 16k with my kt400

Overclocker550 said:
so the 2.03 are the best nf7 chipset drivers, eh? ill ask for a link to those now and save the link once I setup my nf7-s and 16k isnt enough, im hoping for 17k cause I could get 16k with my kt400

Agreed I'am going to be shooting for the same # this next week some time. 17K I know I can get 16K I got 15k the other day without the system maxed or vedio card modded. After I get my system @ it's max I will re-mod the vedio card and see what I come up with. 16k will make me happy for my little 4200.

you already did a v mod and just got 300/610? I doubt youd even hit 16k then. see if you can get your hands on a really good overclocking ti4200 than mod that. by the way did you do just the core v mod or both? can you teach me how?

Installing drivers on top of one another really begins to take a hit on scores. You usually have to install them on a fresh installation of Windows. For me, 2.03, on 3 seperate installations with the same graphics drivers did the best; about 150 points above 2.45.

many people say use the 3.13 or whatever the latest drivers are. hope you regain your 500 marks without having to reinstall windows

Steve, that is one amazing overclock for a 9700 NON pro. I however am supprised im beating you in car chase high details. I had thought all the extra fsb you had over me should be good for like 95fps! also your not beating me by much in the lobby. maybe you need to close all open apps, bench on a fresh reboot and see if setting 3dmark to real priority helps

edit: yes I own the nf7-s welcome to the club. I am now waiting for a super ti4200 to come in the mail then ill see how close I can get to your 9700s score

i think its my ram isnt all that good high timings = bad score :p

when i bench i only have 13 programs in task manager :( i dont know what else to close

when u get your new TI4200 id love to have a little benching with u but stock 2000+ speeds and 2 2 2 6 timings but all different res's :)

ive just ran 3dmark again

settings are:
222*11 = 2.45ghz
ram timings = 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 11
g-card 9700NP @ 390/336 (core/mem)

Drivers:
ATi Cat 3.10
Nvidia N-force 3.13

Detailed Test Results
3DMark Score 18057 3D marks

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 244.3 FPS

Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 85.8 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 347.6 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 184.8 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 219.0 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 96.7 FPS

Game 4 Nature 130.3 FPS

EDIT: ive now gotten ram up to 351mhz starts to Artifact on lobby low detail ram sinks are hot cant wait till i borrow my mates 2x 92mm fans to blow over my card :)

390/344 artifact free i need to cool my SB aswell as that gets hot now ive got my VGA slience cooler thingy lol.

With stock GPU cooler i could hit 227fsb need to get some thermel tape to stick my hsf back to my SB.

SB = South Bridge

Last edited:
Back