• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help - Win 7 Hates Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

invisible hand

I'm getting constant and random re-boots to BSOD on a fresh install of Windows 7 - 64 bit Premium Home Edition. Please help me as, I'm about to throw my computer out the window :bang head, I'm on my third re-format and each time I'm having the same problem.

Here's my set up

Asus Maximus III Formula
Intel Core i5
4 GB of G. Skill - DDR3-1600
Nvidia 7800GTX
WD 74GB Raptor (for O/S)
WD 500GB (for storage)
520W OCZ Powerstream
Sony CD/DVD

Currently I have 13 programes installed. All the drivers I'm using are the latest drivers from Asus Web site.

Here is the error that windows reports:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041287
BCP2: 0000000000000018
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110709-19281-01.dmp
C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31153-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I get the same error everytime, the computer usually just reboots from the desktop, even when nothing is happening, and no programs are loading or being used.

The error I see on the BSOD can vary, I've seen it say stuff about memory, set pointer?, hard to see as it flashes so quickly.

I've also gone to WD and used thier utility to scan my Hard Drive and it passes with no errors.

Please help if you can, I've posted this on the MS web site and others seem to have similar problems. If I can't get this to work soon I'm going back to Win XP.

Safe mode with Networking works fine.
Thx

Well it looks like my Mobo is having a issues running Ram in Dual Channel. Both sticks run on thier own but togther is not so good...pulled the second slot and now I'm good.

So is the something I should RMA the Mobo over, or will this be fixed with a Bios update in the future (currently using the most recent). Any thoughts?

Since the memory controller is built into the i5 it may not be the mobo. Can you try tweaking the voltage of the memory controller on the CPU?

Well it looks like my Mobo is having a issues running Ram in Dual Channel. Both sticks run on thier own but togther is not so good...pulled the second slot and now I'm good.

So is the something I should RMA the Mobo over, or will this be fixed with a Bios update in the future (currently using the most recent). Any thoughts?

I had to do the same thing to get win7 to load the OS on my new system. Would not load with more than one mem stick in a slot. Tried 3-4 times to load it no luck. Why I tried it with only one stick I don't know but it loaded the first time.

Mikey

Windows 7 does something different with Digitally Signed Drivers. by the looks of things Beta Build 7600 isn't compatable with some of your hardware. you can try disabelling the "digiatally Signed Drivers" or you can buy the full version (much faster than Beta), and if the problem persists, yell at microsoft.

blue screens usually point to memory. I've got my money on your Nvidia driver. Windows 7 and open GL don'e play well togather.

Back