• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can i go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigers131

Registered
Hello all,

My overclocked specs are: core speed 1989, multi 12, FSb 165, Bus speed 331. Memory timings: FSB:DRAM 1:1, then CAS-3, RAS# to CAS# delay-3, RAS# delay-3, TRAS-6. My memory freq is set to 100% instead of auto dunno if i can do anything else here. I am using 1 512Mb nanya pc2100 ddr ram. If i go above 165 FSB say 166, the memory changes for ddr266 to ddr333 and system starts dooing weird stuff. My hardware is the epox 8rda+ mobo, amd xp 2200+, ati 9600xt. My system temps at idle are 37 cpu and 25 system, load it shoots up to like 40 or 41 cpu. I am new to this overclocking/cooling stuff and i am trying to figure it all out without messing something up. I read alot of posts about overclocking/cooling and i just cant grasp the concept of all this, all the manipulations you can do and so on. So how much more do yall think i can get out of this cpu? BTW voltages are: vcore 1.696, vdd 1.584. vdimm 2.640. Any input or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Again i am new to this stuff so bare with me heh! Learning takes you a long way!

You're trying to OC with PC2100 ram??? :eek: Bad idea. Do yourself a favor and pick up some decent CAS Latency 2 ram. I looove my 512mb HyperX PC3000- 2-2-2-11 @ 2.9v 220mhz= PC3500+ :D . I think it's $200 at newegg for a gig, not sure about 512mb sticks.

If you really, really , want more out of your el-cheapo ram, give it more vdimm (anything under 2.9v should be safe), relax timings to 3-3-3-8 and pray.

Why is there just 1 person responding to this thread. I need more input from ppl thanks.

Replace your ram with some generic DDR400. Cas 2, it should be targeted toward p4 users. But it should be generic. You won't get any great timings, but you'll get a good FSB MHZ. Or Mutliplier overclock. You don't say how old your CPU is and if it is multiplier locked or unlocked.

Once you exhaust your memory, it is time to move onto multiplier overclocking. I don't think you have a palmino or tbred A so you really need to multilier overclock.

FYI on my ram, My mobo can't hit that fsb stable... I'm thinking my NB or SB is overheating... but anyway it's stable in Prime but not 3d games. I'm currently running 2-2-3-11 at 2.9v 210mhz*10.5

Back