• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 2.0A ghz Northwood+ Asus P4T-E overclock help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoverclock

Registered
I have a few questions as I am a newbie to overclocking. First,

I have a Pentium 4 Northwood 2.0A Processor with the Asus P4T-E mobo. What I did was went into my bios and it allowed me to change the settings to 2.2ghz from the stock 2.0ghz. This improved my cpu and memory score in pc mark. Now to the question,

How Can I continue to overclock this chip to higher speeds, what software etc.. do I need, since bios wont let me go over 2200mhz?

For the Northwood 2.0A chip what are good temperatures to be at. Currently at 2.2ghz my mobo is running at 28 celcius where my processor is running at 38 celcius. I have 3 Fans running at 2700rpm's.

What is a safe number for these values: These are the current values with the 2.2ghz overclock:

Vcore=1.49
+3.3V Voltage= 3.34
+5V Voltage=5.02V
+12V Voltage=11.97

Thanks for the help, and off-topic, I have a non overclocked athlon xp 2600+ chip but its running awfully hot at 55 celcius, is this right for athlon chips, do I need to add another fan?

Thanks for the help!

try the cpufsb software or go to the bios increse the vcore voltage and vdim voltage and set a higher fsb it shoud work good luck

That's just ASUS giving you a predefined amount of adjustment. You should be able to get 1mhz adjustments if you change the System clock to manual. It's different from board to board and bios to bios so I'm kinda fuzzy.

Edit:
For the athlon, is that the load temp? Adding more fans might help. First start with removing the side panels and see if there's a change. If it goes down you'll need to work on the air flow of the case. Try reseating the heatsink and using some Thermal Paste, I find even Pencil lead(Graphite) works better than thermal pads. I find fixing case air flow gives smaller changes in CPU temps than getting a new heatsink&fan combo so you might want to look in to those.

Back