• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7....PWM temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

what is this? it's around 40c idle and goes to 90+c when load....this is fromt he Abit Guru thing

hmm must have misread that 90c, it's hanging around 65c full load now, but none the less that seems really high to me. Does anyone know the threshold of that regulator? As long as my cpu is getting a stable amount of voltage it shouldn't be a problem.

I did read somewhere , that Abit says it is o.k. up to 90 C . But the regulators are so close to the cpu, that it would influence definitly the heat/performance of the cpu. That is why they have this funnel with fan on the max. 3.

mine loves to hover around 65 when i oc. Even the least bit. I don't think it becoming really hot is an issue. I'd think something would crap out before it reaches 90

idle its 2c under the cpu temp and at load its between 1-4c higher, i still dont understand what PWM is :S

Last edited:
I don't have an AI7, but my IC7 PWM temp averages about 10 degrees cooler than the CPU temp and the system temp averages about 10 degrees cooler than the PWM temp. I have very good case ventilation. I think that's the key.

[BBE]Jimbob said:
idle its 2c under the cpu temp and at load its between 1-4c higher, i still dont understand what PWM is :S

If you read the manual of uguru it will say pmw temp monitors the temp around the cpus power suppling cicuit on motherboard.

puji said:

If you read the manual of uguru it will say pmw temp monitors the temp around the cpus power suppling cicuit on motherboard.

They are mosfets and get pretty hot converting for ex. 12V low amp to 1.6V(Vcore) high amp

Mine on my IC7 never goes above 25C, and with my Duct Mod , it doesn't go above 10C. Are these the right temps, or is speedfan reading the wrong sensor. It says the same in the Bois, so I dont think the reading is wrong.

Don't see how it could be 10C if you air cooling. Ambient temps have to be more than that unless you don't have heat in your house.

It's pretty nice. I ended up getting from 250fsb to 255fsb (prime95 stable 3hrs+) with the same voltage (1.6v). Before the mod, I couldn't go over 250fsb stable, but now it will do almost 265 @ 1.6v (prime95 fails after 31min)

batboy said:
I don't have an AI7, but my IC7 PWM temp averages about 10 degrees cooler than the CPU temp and the system temp averages about 10 degrees cooler than the PWM temp. I have very good case ventilation. I think that's the key.

I agree with batboy my temps at Idle are CPU 42 - PWM 35 - SYS 28 - Case 25. Anything near or over 60 doesn't sound good at all, cool your case and maybe put a nice 92mm on your CPU HS.

My experience tells me that the motherboard makers are using the airflow from the cpu coolers to cool the pwm... So when we putt a waterblock there, there is no airflow to cool them..
What I do is put a 92mm lowspin fan above them and above the waterblock and that keeps the pwm's cool and nice...

Fletchs

Back