• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my temps good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

Ok now I'm testing my new dual xp modded to mp.

Right now I'm at 133X16 (2128) on default vcore.

Running prime95 for 1 hour now and here is my temps:

cpu1: 48C
cpu2: 46C
case: 28C

BTW my dual is exactly the components cmquistion suggest in is article, but I did not do the fan grill cutting (I'm waiting for a dremel) and the 2 120mm fan are running 12V.

An other question: is it better setting the fan on the cpu to blow on the cpu or the inverse?

you're missing one important point: Your cooling? ;)
I guess you use SK7s as you followed cmc's guide (you can still find them these days :confused: ). Anyway it sounds very good. I mean for a oced dual that temp is great. Congrats on the new dual you got there bud!
MameXP

Thats a bit high, i suggest getting some better cooling going on over there... and i also suggest Doing a bit of Folding to check Temps, That way ur helping people and science as u check if ur computer is safe :)

Ok now I'm testing my new dual xp modded to mp.

Right now I'm at 133X16 (2128) on default vcore.

Running prime95 for 1 hour now and here is my temps:

cpu1: 48C
cpu2: 46C
case: 28C

BTW my dual is exactly the components cmquistion suggest in is article, but I did not do the fan grill cutting (I'm waiting for a dremel) and the 2 120mm fan are running 12V.

An other question: is it better setting the fan on the cpu to blow on the cpu or the inverse?

if those temps are accurate then i would say they are okay if your are running two prime 95 programs at the same time...

although i would say that at default cpu voltages and a "case"? (or is it the motherboard temperature of 28C?) temperature of 28C...that those full load CPU temps could and maybe should be lower...like 40-44C at full load.....

i have sk7's and at 2.1ghz and 1.65volts my cpu temps are 42-44C with two prime 95's running and a "case" temperature of 28C...

on the other hand with my other dual at 2.1ghz and 1.8volts my cpu temps are 51-53C with two prime 95's running and a case temperature of 28C....

in my experience for every 0.1volt increase causes about a 5C increase in CPU temps...therefore the cpu's i have at 1.8volts might be at ~43C at full load had they been at the default 1.6voltage...but don't your cpus have a default voltage of 1.5?...if so then you temps could be at 37-39C at full load with case temps of 28C with sk7's and good cpu fans and case airflow

are all of your dual components just like those in the sticky?

also, try both directions with the fan blowing into and out of the heatsinks...i think in most cases blowng air into the heat sinks is the most efficient, but it depends on case air flow

Last edited:
quail said:
Thats a bit high, i suggest getting some better cooling going on over there... and i also suggest Doing a bit of Folding to check Temps, That way ur helping people and science as u check if ur computer is safe :)

High? hows that high? Hes running 2 prime on both CPUs and they're both overclocked. Ok you should know that thats double the heat to the case and his case temp is 28c. Those temps sound perfectly right to me.

I wouldnt worry about it at all. You would never reach that temp even with folding so its safe in everyway.

Would it not be fair to say that each chip overclocks differently, so it is not possible to say exactly what temps should or should not be, given FSB and multi. Eg. 2 XP 2500's at 150x15 in a particular system may produce 55C and two other XP 2500 may produce 51C in the same set-up. (Full load)
I would say that in general any thing around 50C is OK for a dual on air.

Sorry I was in a hurry when I wrote my question. Here are my specs:

MSI KD7 master-L
xp 1700+ xp 1800+ (DLT3C JIUHB, DLT3C JIXIB)
slk-800U with panaflow 80mm

Back