• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BTX cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

Over at Anandtech they have a review on the new BTX cases:

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1876

I think they are very ugly. Not only are they visually ugly, they look VERY restrictive airflow wise.

They claim there is better airflow in that tiny narrow case, but I just do not see it? Yeah, there is some crazy fan setup on the CPU and chipsets, but how is that better than the current fan setups we use now? I do not see how air is going to get through that crowded case any better than my Chieftech case now?

I think this is a big move in the WRONG direction myself. Smaller is not neccessarily better!

This is a rather old article.

I wouldn't worry too much; the cases depicted there are just the micro versions of the new BTX implementation. Full size BTX won't be that limited.

I came across some BTX design concepts at a hi-fi and video page somewhere... can't find it right now (I remember googling for plasma and home cinema, and it had something to do with LG electronics), but the designs were scorching!

Okay, so they were for home entertainment / sound system use, but they were pretty small and sleek. Made the current Shuttle boxen look rather clumsy.

If someone (re)finds the pages, please post the link. I'll keep searching.

Cheers, Flix

i think the new btx form factor will be a big improvement so that the cool air doesnt have to go thru all the components b4 it reaches the cpu heatsink, but those cases are old, so ill bet some of the newer ones will hve better air-flow

juliendogg said:
I'm rather looking forward to these actually :D. Thas sum exciting stuff.
Ya I cant wait to see what speeds ppl are going to be reaching.

yea and plus the cpu is near the front now so it will be getting colder air. i made a thread about this a long time ago, but i can't find it :(

Back