• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 80 mm case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

click

Registered
Hey i have a thermaltake xaser III and it has 7 stocks case fans.
2 side, 2 rear, 2 front and one top. I want to replace the fans with new 80mm fans. The CFM in these suck.
What is like the best 80mm fan that isn't incredibly loud. Like probably 40dB or lower.

Panaflo is very quiet, but if you want manually adjustable, I recommend Enermax Adjustable. Pretty quiet and had good performance. I personally don't like auto adjust fan.

This is my usually recommendation for cases with lots of fans..
5 panaflo H1A or L1A. 2 in rear, 2 on the side, 1 on the top. Then two stronger fans like (if ur really insane) Thermaltake Smart Fan II in the front. or for a quieter fan, Vantec Thermoflow (its actually a YStech w/ probe). IMO, better to use temp controlled fans in front, gettings faster only when room temp is too high.

All the noise nazi's seem to like the panaflos I guses cause they put out a decent amount and are quiet? Anyway I tend to like the simple antec ones or the antec smart fans. The simple ones are very cheap run at about 28 dba and put out around 32-36 cfm of air.

The Panaflo H1A 80mm from would work good.Providing the fan grids are removed.You can put stronger fans in the Xaser case, but until the fan grids are removed it won't matter much.Then theres the HDD cages blocking the front intake fans.THE FANMAN:cool:

- Air Flow 39.6 CFM
- Fan Speed 2950 RPM
- Power 1.48 W
- Bearing Type Hydro Wave Bearing
- Fan Size 80x80x25 MM
- Noise Level 32 db
- Connector 3 pin (non-RPM monitoring)

PANAFLO FAN LINK :D

Back