• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor doesnt show anything

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NetDaemon

Registered
Hi people. I have a problem with my pc and I dont really know what can be wrong. Here we go: I turn my pc on and nothing appears in the screen. Although, the computers turn on normally, ie. all the fans start, cd drives etc. What can be wrong? Can it be the cpu? or the video card?

Do you get a beep from the motherboard indicating a normal boot?

If so, have you checked your video cable to make sure it is properly attached?

I would say pull the side off the case, and check to make sure the vid card is totally seated all the way, and check your cables. You should get a single beep from your system on bootup.

It's a new motherboard so it still has the default values. The video card is seated ok and I dont have a pc speaker to hear the beep.

Update:

Ok guys. For the last 3 days I am trying to get my rig up but still no success. Look:

1700+ DLT3C @ DFI Infinity Rev A+
512 Corsair XMS3500
dvd cd-r hdds

When I power up the pc. It starts but I dont get anything on the screen. In the beggining I suspected the video card but it works properly after all. I testd the ram and the psu (enermax 550w) in another pc and they work ok. So its either the cpu or the mobo. Is there any way to find out whats wrong? please let me know

Did you try to boot up in safe mode? I messed around with some settings for a dual monitor and got no display at all only the amber light booted up in safe mode and fixed the settings. Just a thought.

Did you try to boot up in safe mode? I messed around with some settings for a dual monitor and got no display at all only the amber light booted up in safe mode and fixed the settings. Just a thought.

*cough*

He can't even get into Windows. :p

NetDaemon, did you check the clear CMOS jumper, and put it on the right pins (NOT the "clear" pins)?

Did you install the cpu heatsink correctly? Remove the heatsink and see if the the heatsink compound (you did use heatsink compound didn't you) is spread evenly on the cpu die and that a corresponding footprint exists on the heatsink. If not, you may have fried the CPU. If it is down to the CPU or mobo, you can try the CPU in another computer to eliminate it. I know of no other way to solve the CPU - mobo conundrum.

Back