• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard drives nt recognized on restart ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeuffelHunden

wierd situation:

I just got a new case and PSU (500watt), and transferred everythng from my old case to the new one. Everything was good for about a day or two, and now i have this wierd problem...

Whenever I choose restart from windowsXP, the bios doesn't recognize the hard drives on the start-up. However, If I turn the computer off (as opposed to using "restart") everything is fine when I turn it back on.

What the heck is going on!?!? I'm going to flash my bios for the heck of it, but I think it might be something else. Any help would be appreciated
-J

i have a mobo with RAID. i dont have RAID enabled so i use it as 4 IDE channels. the jumper settings on the drives on the 3rd and 4th channels must be configured strangely in order for it to detect any hard drives at all. i still havent figured out what works right except i have one lone hard drive set as slave on channel 3 and thats the only way it works

The thing is, ,it was all fine, and all I did was change cases and PSU's. Otherwise, ,it's all set up exactly as it has been for quite a while (with no problems)

I just reformatted and reinstalled XP pro. It seems to have fixed it., which seems odd. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Back