• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek A360 TD MyVIVO 256Mb O/C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

disenter

Registered
Hi all.. any idea's what I should expect out of this card? I just got it, and having put it in inplace of my trusty A250TD MyVIVO Ultra, I must say I'm a little disappointed.
The core/mem of this is only 425/501 default, but considering the generation gap, the fact that this new card is AGP 8x as opposed to my Ti4400 being 4x, and it does have double the ram, why is it that even at default speed, I'm seeing actually a tad less than my Ti, in 3dmark 2001se? It should be noted that it did actually score better than the Ti in 3dmark 03, but i was still surprised, and shocked that it didn't then also beat it in 2001se.

Ok so as far as overclocking this little middle of the range beasty... I've been reading on here that the supplied winfox utility is less than stellar, and read and have done the "coolbits" mod, which i did find seems to work well..
Winfox locked the machine up at 450/550 .. while with coolbits, i did have it complete a run of 3dmark 2001se @ 500/625.. bear in mind that this is only with the stock cooler on it, i wanted to see how it fared with that, before slapping on something else such as a zalman heatpipe which i found worked quite well with the Ti.

I also tried to play a few games, just to test it out, see how well it did etc, expecting an increase also, and in some it did.. ran quite well in both default, and oc'd config's for nfs: underground, and quake 3.. but for some reason it is really hating UT2003 at the moment.. and i can't work out why, i've never had a problem with it before.. i have tried both the supplied Leadtek drivers and the latest nvidia 53.03 driver which worked perfectly with the Ti4400.

The only slack thing i did.. was in my haste an absolute itchyness to get this new card in, i did not remove the old drivers before slapping this card in.. but then it was the same drivers anyway.

Ok so what is this rig?..

Gigabyte GA-7NNXP
AthlonXP 2400+ (Swiftech MCX-462[i think.. has lots of pins coming out of it ;) 80-120mm adapter plate + evercool 120mm low speed fan] )
1Gb Corsair XMS 3200LL
Leadtek A360TD MyVivo 256Mb
1 x 200Gb Western Digital ATA 100 8mb cache
1 x 80Gb Maxtor ATA 133 2mb cache
1 x 60Gb Western Digital ATA 100 2mb cache
1 x Liteon 48x24x48x CDRW
1 x Pioneer slot loading DVD
420w Thermaltake PSU
Thermaltake Xaser III V2000a case.

I have pushed this rig before... i can make it run as a AthlonXP 2800+ without to much difficulty.. thats 333mhz fsb instead of this being 266mhz, and results in 2.24Ghz clock speed.. but i did also find some times it dropped programs without error.. just dead process, so am just leaving that side of it alone until i get the 3200+ in which case everything will run @ 400mhz fsb and will be markedly better im sure ;)

So anyway.. thats the rig... but yeah, anyone have any idea's on this cards limits? what i should expect? and any better ways of reaching that end, or idea's would be appreciated :)

Chhers guys,

Dave aka disenter.

arghh ok thats "Cheers" and i forgot to mention, my primary OS is Windows XP Pro SP1. However I do use a few different distributions of Linux and also FreeBSD Unix.
Windows is my funbox... games box tho. ;)

Cheers again.

fookin ell! thats how long its been since i posted.. my old signature is VERY dated. lmao must fix that... *shakes head*

Back