• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SLK3700 Case Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Is there anyway to take off the top part of this case? I see there are permanent screws or somthing holding it in place. Maybe they arent permanent but, is there anyway to take these screws off?

Im wanting to test a Blow hole at the top using cardboard before making any holes.

they are held on with rivets, you have to drill them out to remove them.
you would probably need to put rivets back in also because if you tried to use screws it may cause some clearance issues with the side panels.
if you have a drill already then a rivet gun is cheap.
this is one here and they are great to have if you plan on modding your case much.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3171892397&category=34058
home depot also has them.

If you put in screws instead of rivets then then how is it going to alter the structure to cause clearance issues with the side panel? Since we are using somthing to tightly fasten down a panel then I cant see how it would affect it diffrently.

OBLIVIONLORD said:
If you put in screws instead of rivets then then how is it going to alter the structure to cause clearance issues with the side panel? Since we are using somthing to tightly fasten down a panel then I cant see how it would affect it diffrently.

Think he meant nuts + bolts. The rivet head extends typically less than 1mm. The screw's head will be larger and the side panel cover may not fit over it.

His mind is on the fan,not replacing the top once removed.The RIVETS that hold the top on are on the sides of the top piece.This is the area where the side panels attatch.Special rivets are required also.According to DOHcrazy Home Depot doesn't stock them.THE FANMAN:cool:

Back